The fellowship application period has closed.
Several fellowship opportunities are available for CoLang 2018. Please see below for details.
The deadline for fellowship applications is Jan 31, 2018, unless otherwise noted.
The fellowship deadline has been extended to Feb 8, 2018.
Linguistic Society of America
The Linguistic Society of America offers several CoLang fellowships for students. Applicants must be student members of the LSA. Nonmembers may join here.
- To apply, please follow this link. After logging in to the LSA website, student members will see a green “Submit Fellowship Application”.
1. Click on this link: https://www.linguisticsociety.org/tcu_applicant/register
2. Complete the requested information to create a profile on the LSA website. Remember your user ID and password; you will need them to access the website and your application again.
3. Once you have successfully created a profile, you will see your name in large letters at the top of your screen, and below that, a large green “Submit Fellowship Application” button. Click that button to start the application process.
Endangered Language Fund
- To apply, please email the ELF at email@example.com with your name, tribal affiliation, and a short statement about why you want to attend CoLang.
Alaskan Native Language Center (for Alaskan residents)
Other fellowship opportunities
Additional fellowships are available for applicants who are Native American or enrolled in a Tribal College or University.
- To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CoLang 2018 is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (BCS-1664464), the Linguistic Society of America, and the University of Florida. Fellowships are supported by NSF, LSA, and the Endangered Language Fund.